19 November 2010

Rasmi Zaid keluar PKR - Akan bertanding pada PRU 13

Gambar : Abdullah Yusof/BH


CECILIA VICTOR
Friday, November 19th, 2010


PETALING JAYA: It is official. Former Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) Federal Territory chief and Wangsa Maju chief Datuk Mohamad Zaid Ibrahim has withdrawn as a member of the party.

Zaid announced his decision at a Press conference this morning at his residence in Tropicana Golf Resort, in Damansara.

Zaid decided to call it quits after being accused by PKR's top dogs that he had bad intentions and supposedly planned to establish a new party even before standing in for the party's election which started on Oct 29 and the official results were expected to be out on Nov 26-Nov 28 during the party's congress.

"They called me a Trojan Horse and a sore loser," said Zaid. "Both Dr Syed Husin Ali and Azmin Ali had spoke of my so-called bad intentions in their attempts to interrupt the party's leadership ever since I first joined the party."

Regarding the accusations thrown at him by PKR leaders, Zaid said, "I am indeed very upset with these accusations made by certain people in PKR."

"When I was with PKR, I had no intention whatsoever to form my own party," said Zaid, adding that he practices a principle of great significance in politics.

"Even Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim (PKR adviser) said my contribution to the party had not been futile but I was even accused as being lazy, disloyal, and ignorant of the party's fight."

However, Zaid said he will continue to fight for democracy. "I can't comment on when exactly I will set up the party. All I can say now is that it will be a multi-racial party which will focus on democracy."

He also said he would stand in the next general election and asked his supporters to be patient as he will continue to fight for political reformation.

"I am planning to come up with the best implementation for all races, equal rights for all. I have met with many politicians from other parties and would like to work together as one," said Zaid after giving his heartfelt gratitude to his supporters for standing by him through his toughest times - Malay Mail

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive